SKIES Unlimited Program
- SKIESUnlimited provides the framework or umbrella for all instructional programming in the CYS System worldwide.
- SKIESUnlimited encompasses instructional programs for children and youth from infancy to adolescence i.e., four weeks through the end of their senior year in high school.
- Through SKIESUnlimited, children and youth in CDS, SAS, MS&T Programs have equal access to opportunities that expand their knowledge, inspire them, allow them to explore, and acquire new skills.
- All participants must be registered with CYS
- On-going enrollment for most classes (New students may need to wait for open enrollment)
- Currently enrolled SKIES students will be automatically re-enrolled into the next session for most classes to retain their space. Payment for the session must be made before the first day of class.
- Classes will be filled on a first paid basis.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||11 a.m. - 7 p.m. (Business Hours) 2:30 p.m. - 7 p.m. (Main Facility)|
|Tuesday||11 p.m. - 7 p.m. (Business Hours) 2:30 p.m. - 7 p.m. (Main Facility)|
|Wednesday||11 p.m. - 7 p.m. (Business Hours) 2:30 p.m. - 7 p.m. (Main Facility)|
|Thursday||11 p.m. - 7 p.m. (Business Hours) 2:30 p.m. - 7 p.m. (Main Facility)|
|Friday||9 a.m. - 6 p.m. (Business Hours)|
The name SKIES Unlimited combines the acronym for "Schools of Knowledge, Inspiration, Exploration, and Skills" with the word Unlimited for the unlimited learning possibilities this exciting new initiative offers Army children and youth.
Youth people spend as much as 80% of their waking time outside the classroom. When involved in instructional programs during the critical hours of 3-8 PM, they are less likely to engage in undesirable behavior. Children and youth participate in instructional programs for a variety of reasons: to explore new skills, to pursue and nurture personal interests, to interact socially with others, to build a resume, to bolster a college application, or to foster a close relationship with caring, knowledgeable adults outside of the home.
What SKIES Unlimited Offers
Instructional programs foster the development of critical life, leadership, and social skills. The latest educational research confirms that a student's involvement in after-school instructional programs is beneficial on all levels. Instructional programs have been shown to promote the intellectual development of children and youth.
Extracurricular Instructional Classes
For children 3 to 18 years of age
SKIES Unlimited stands for “School of Knowledge, Inspiration, Exploration and Skills” with the word “Unlimited” for the unlimited possibilities that this program provides children and youth:
Children and Youth that are currently registered in CYS may be able to enroll for some of the SKIES classes using WebTrac.
* Available at select communities