- Pet Boarding Pricing
Cats $13 per day (One cat) $20 per day (Two cats)
Dogs $20 per day (One dog) $25 per day (Two dogs) $30 per day (Three dogs)
*Food for dogs will be $2 per day, per dog
All animals will have to receive the following vaccines prior to boarding and show adequate proof, in English, of said shots:
- Dogs - Rabies, Distemper Combo, and Bordetella.
- Cats - Rabies and Felocell (Feline Distemper shot).
All shots are mandatory. Failure to provide this information will automatically disqualify all animals for boarding.
Cancellation fees are $20 regardless of either cat or dog. There is no cancellation fee charged if clients call the Pet Boarding Kennel at least 72 hours before boarding.
There are currently 20 dog kennels with runs, and 12 cat kennels.
- Pet Grooming Services
Monday through Friday
Appointments available for 9 a.m. & 1:30 p.m.
*Reservation only; dogs must be up to date on vaccinations to make an appointment
Dog Grooming Cost
Cost includes all-inclusive services (Trims, cuts, stylizations, nails, ear/gland/teeth cleaning, bathing/shampooing/drying).
- Small Dog (1lb – 25lbs) - $50
- Medium Dog (26lbs – 70lbs) - $60
- Large Dog (71lbs – 90lbs) - $75
- Extra Large Dogs (Over 90lbs) - $90
*Groomer determines pet sizing based on quantity of work, breed, size, and coat type/condition.
- Micro services (Nails, anal gland expressions, etc) - $5
Due to the amount of work required to provide the quality service your pet deserves, we can only accommodate two reservations per day. Please call 263-5915 to schedule your pet’s grooming at Camp Zama Kennels.
• Groomer may place the dog in a different category depending on temperament and weight
• Grooming Service available to U.S. ID holders only, for our groomer’s safety all pet shots must be up-to-date
• Payment is made after service, staff will notify customers 30 minutes prior to pick-up
• Max of 30 days in advance for reservation
• Face-to-face, phone (263-5915), or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Payment is made after service
• 72 hour cancellation for full refund
• Services available to U.S. ID cardholders only, for our groomers’ safety, all pet shots must be up-to-date.
- Importing Dogs and Cats
- Japan discourages the importation of dogs and cats under the age of 12 months. These pets rarely meet the vaccination and FAVN testing requirements. Pets under the age of 12 months can be imported but must start with a 180 day quarantine period.
- All dogs and cats must FIRST obtain a microchip prior to receiving any vaccinations and FAVN testing. The microchip number must be included on the rabies and health certificates and on the Fluorescent Antibody Viral Neutralization (FAVN) Results form.
- All dogs and cats arriving from a non-rabies free country or area must be vaccinated with an inactivated rabies vaccine at least 30 days and not more than 12 months prior to arriving and must show a history of 2 rabies vaccinations.
- All dogs and cats must have a Fluorescent Antibody Viral Neutralization (FAVN) Test performed. This test measures the protective antibody level against rabies.
- All dogs and cats must have a health and rabies certificate issued by a Military Veterinarian. A USDA Federal Veterinarian must certify with a raised seal all certificates issued by civilian veterinarians.
- All dogs and cats must give prior notification to the Japan Animal Quarantine Service as soon as commercial transportation is scheduled.
- All cats are required to have their NEGATIVE FeLV/FIV blood test before boarding into our Pet Kennel facility. (NEGATIVE FeLV/FIV blood test is good for one year) *This is different than the FAVN Rabies titer test required before entering Japan.
- Download Documentation
Please fill out the forms below prior to boarding your pet to ensure a smooth boarding process.
- Pet Boarding Requirements
- Japan Pet Requirements Memo
- The "ldeal" Timeline
- Flowchart for per preparation for importation into Japan
- Informational Links
Please visit the following web pages for more information:
- Off Base Kennels
For more information on Off Base Kennel services, please click here.
The Camp Zama MWR Boarding Kennel is located next to the Zama Vet Services Office. Our facility primarily caters to USAG-J assigned Army personnel on PCS in/out status, TDY, emergency leave, and regular leave status personnel. If space is available, we will also accept animals from other installations throughout Japan.
Access this link for the latest USARJ Update on COVID 19